My friend and co-worker got me hooked on the desire of a good “little debbie oatmeal creme pie”. Therefore, I must find a recipe and make them…. here’s how it turned out. YUM-O (Perfect for a lake trip)
I hate when I have to be the one to take these pictures… all those cookies to get the perfect bite. Just kidding.
Here’s the recipe from Recipezarr.com
- 1 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar – ( I used light brown sugar and they were still tasty)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 2 teaspoons very hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In large bowl, cream margarine, sugars, molasses, vanilla, and eggs.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add to the creamed mixture; mix in the oats.
- Drop dough by TBSP on ungreased sheets.
- Bake at 350°F.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes,or until just starting to brown around the edges. – fyi do not burn, take out early!!7
- They will look moist; don’t overcook.
- While the cookies bake prepare the filling.
- In small bowl, dissolve the salt in the hot water.
- Allow this to cool.
- Combine marshmallow cream, shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla in med bowl; mix on hi until fluffy.
- Add the cooled salt water and mix well.
- Spread filling on flat side of one cookie, press 2nd cookie on top.