Time for Fish Tacos!
This past Sunday, Tate and I decided to fire up the grill and make Fish Tacos. We were watching the Food Network looking for inspiration and Bobby Flay got to us. Fish Tacos sounded interesting, so we bought a couple ingredients and went to work!
1 filet of Orange Roughy (I call it Orange Ruuffy)
Blackened seasoning, pepper, garlic salt
1 Head of garlic
1 purple onion
1 1/4 cups of Mayo (can use light)
1 package of dry cabbage slaw (found in the salad section)
Corn tortillas – can use white or yellow
1 poblano chili pepper
1 bunch of cilantro
Marinate the fish add blackening seasoning.
Slice purple onion please…
Tomato – Tomahto
Whip up dressing mixture
Toss in the slaw! – This would also be good on burgers…
Place onto the grill.
Yes, even the pepper.
Say hello to my little fish.
Take it off when chard, and put in bag.
Slice thinly, but remove the seeds, those are hot!
Serve all the items on a big white platter. How yummy does this look?
Assemble Tico Taco
What a fun Sunday lunch!
1. Marinate the filet of Orange Roughy with chopped garlic, blackening seasoning, garlic salt, squeeze half of a lime and half of a lemon. Marinate in the fridge for at least 3o minutes.
2. Measure 1 1/4 cups of Mayo into a mixing bowl. Add 1 teas. of chopped garlic, 1/2 cup of chopped tomato, squeeze the other half of lime and other half of lemon. Mix together. Chop small bunch (about 1/2 cup) of Cilantro, add to mix. Fold in cabbage coleslaw mix. Put aside.
3. Slice other tomato and purple onion into thick slices. Slice Avocado into long strips.
4. Place fish and poblano pepper onto the grill.
5. After 10 minutes, add the thick tomato slices, purple onion and tortillas.
6. Once pepper looks chard, take off grill and put in ziploc bag. Burnt skin will easily fall off in a couple minutes, and the awesome taste will remain with the pepper. Slice into thin strips.
7. After the fish is cooked thoroughly, onions, tomato and tortillas have grill marks, remove from grill.
8. Place all the ingredients on a white platter.
9. Assemble taco: Place thick flakes of fish, slices of avocado, tomato, onion, and roasted pepper in a tortilla. Top with slaw and fold taco.
10. Stuff face. Enjoy !